Looking at Your House Through the Buyer’s Eyes
Below are questions to ask yourself when preparing your home for sale to ensure it looks the best it possibly can in the buyer’s eyes.
- Does your yard look well maintained?
- Are the trees and bushes trimmed?
- Is your lawn mowed and edged?
- Is your lawn free of weeds?
- Are the decks and patios clean?
- Does your house need painting?
- Are there any exterior holes or cracks?
- Are your walks and porches clean and in good repair?
- Does your roof leak or sag?
- Are any shingles or tiles missing?
- Is your chimney in good shape?
- Are your carpets clean and in good condition?
- Do your carpets need stretching?
- Are there any pet or smoking odors?
- Do your walls have any cracks or holes?
- Do your walls need painting?
- What about that wallpaper?
- Do your ceilings have any water stains, cracks or peeling?
- Do your ceilings need painting?
- Are your appliances clean and in good working order?
- Are your cabinets in good condition?
- Are your countertops in good condition?
- Is your tile grout clean?
- Is your sink stained, chipped, or in need or re-calking?
- Do your faucets shut off completely?
- Do your sinks drain freely?
- Are your toilets in good condition?
- Are your shower doors shiny?
- Do your tubs need caulking?
- Is your floor in good condition?
- Are your vanities and mirrors in good condition?
- Is your fireplace clean?
- Is the fireplace screen in good shape?
- Are all drapes, shutters and shades clean and working properly?
- Are any window screens bent?
- Do all the windows open and close easily?
- Are the windowsills clean?
- Are your doors in good condition?
- Do any doors sag or stick?
- Do the locks work?
- Is the paint in good condition?
- Do the doors seal tightly?
- Is your basement/attic organized?
- Are they well lit?
- Are they clean?
- Are the stairs in good repair?
- Do the doors open and close easily?
- Are there any signs of insects or rodents?
- Is your garage organized?
- Is it well lit?
- Is the floor swept?
- Are there oil spots or other stains on the concrete?
Whether looking to purchase or sell a home or curious about investment properties in Bergen County, New Jersey, Alper will provide a complete overview of the market for you. Please feel free to contact Alper at your convenience.