Selling a House in Bergen County
There is more to selling a home than just picking a price and putting an ad in the paper. With over a decade of experience behind me, I have been involved in numerous successful transactions. Below I have listed five steps to sell your home.
Step 1: Pricing Your Home
When you decide to sell your home, a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) is necessary to identify an appropriate suggested asking price. This process entails visiting your home to tour your property then comparing it to recent comparable sales and on-the-market properties in the area. I do extensive research to ensure that your home is correctly priced, to maximize the return on your investment in the shortest amount of time possible.
Step 2: Listing Process
When you feel you’ve reached a satisfactory asking price for your home based on a discussion of the information presented to you in the CMA, the next step involves signing a listing contract with Coldwell Banker Real Estate. The listing contract outlines all of the terms and conditions surrounding the listing of your home including the length of the listing period, the commission rate, the services to be provided by Coldwell Banker Real Estate, and a marketing strategy. The listing contract is then signed by both parties and becomes a legally binding document until the date of expiration.
Step 3: Marketing Process
When you list your home with me and Coldwell Banker Real Estate, I employ a number of different techniques to ensure that your home receives maximum exposure. Those techniques include:
- A customized web page on our new state-of-the-art web site
- Immediate listing on MLS (Multiple Listing Service)
- A customized informational brochure for your property
- Alerts to more than 600 home seekers in our client database
- Weekly advertising in the local newspapers
- Private showings with clients and cooperating agents
- Weekly open houses
- Open houses for cooperating agents
- For Sale signage on your property
Step 4: Sales Process
- Offer to Purchase
- Home Inspection and Smoke Inspection
- Buyer Financing and Bank Appraisal
- Purchase and Sale Agreement (P&S)
Step 5: House Closing
- Transfer of funds
- Recording of deed
Whether looking to purchase or sell a home or curious about investment properties in Bergen County, New Jersey, Alper will provide a complete overview of the market for you. Please feel free to contact Alper at your convenience.